Volunteers are always welcome!
Neighborhood House seeks caring people who wish to lend a helping hand. Individuals and/or groups can volunteer in a wide variety of ways that support our programs, Opportunities range from one-time projects to ongoing commitments. We also have a Nature Center, located just northwest of Oconomowoc, that has many projects needing attention.
At our Milwaukee facilities:
- Food Pantry greeting & registering guests, packing food orders
- Clean and organize classrooms and program areas
- Light painting either indoors or outdoors.
- Clean and maintain outdoor playground areas
- Seasonal assistance with our Urban Gardens, including weeding and mulching
- Support our volunteer program with recognition and thanks
- Assist Development Department with 75th anniversary archive project
- Special event planning and/or logistical support
At our Nature Center – located 10 miles northwest of Oconomowoc
- Assistance with trail maintenance
- Removing invasive species
- Seed Collection (Fall)
- Maple Syruping (March)
- If you have a special talent that you may want to share, we are open to considering that as well.
Most volunteer projects occur Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Special events/projects are available on occasional weekend and weekday evenings by mutual agreement. If you are interested in volunteering on an ongoing basis, please complete and return this Volunteer Application. For groups, please either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Widge at 414-933-6161 ext. 127.